Monday, June 10, 2013

The Day I found out I'm Pregnant

It was Thursday morning of Jun 6, 2013.  I was so lazy to get up from bed and go to work. I was trying to decide if I should call in sick or make all the effort to get up and get ready for work. I said to myself, I only have 5 minutes to decide so I can still catch the bus going to work.

So I got up and went to the toilet to pee. I was just sitting there and was pondering about life and what to do about it. A thought came to me that I am not getting any younger. Though I am happy on what's happening with my life, I still think that something is missing. Could be I'm having my pre-birthday syndrome again? I always feel anxious on everything whenever my birthday is coming. One more month and I will be a year older.  Then another thought came to my mind, I said to myself, wait yah! I bought my pads 2 weeks ago and I haven't used any of it yet. Was I too stressed from work that's why my period is delayed? Was I having this irregular cycle again because I was exhausted for the last few weeks? Or could I be pregnant now? Anyway, whatever the reason is I still have decided not to go to work and call in sick.  That's the best part for it. I will have a time off from work. I just want to relax and contemplate on whatever things come to my mind. Maybe I am too stressed and need this day to free my  mind from work stress.

I checked my medicine box and took the HPT. Because a few months back, my husband and I were so excited to try to see if I became pregnant after our honeymoon, Too excited we bought 2 different HPT kits.  I've used up the 1st one a couple of months ago when I was delayed for 5 days. But no luck, it showed negative. So Yeah! I still have a spare HPT kit at home.  And there it goes... I pee'd for the second time, and only a few seconds, it showed "pregnant". I was in awe and called out my husband's name and asked him to check on the hpt if i am really seeing it correctly or I am just blur. He took the kit from me and he said in a calm manner, "Ï think it's for real, we're having a baby, do you wanna see a doctor today?".  I jumped up and hurriedly took a shower and asked him to also take a shower after I'm done and we'll see a doctor.  It was his day off and I know he slept very late last night because he was playing this "Civilization"game online. He was too excited and he didn't mind that he's lacking sleep. 

We went to a clinician in our neighbourhood and had my check up. I am indeed pregnant! I had trans-vi ultrasound and the doctor saw a tiny dot in my uterus. Doctor said we need to come back after 2 weeks to check again as it is still very small. When the doctor asked us if we have questions, the only thing that came up in my husband's mind is if they have a book that we can read so we can understand more about pregnancy and being a parent.

We had mixed emotions when we went out of the clinic. We were thrilled! overjoyed! scared! happy! excited! anxious what will we be like being a parent. What's going to happen in the next few months and so on... With all our emotions and worries, we decided to go to St Alphonsus Church (Novena Church)  to pray and thank  the Lord for the blessings.  After going to church, we went to our favorite Pontian noodle house and had our lunch.

We chatted while eating and after we finished, with so much happiness overflowing in us, we headed back home...

No comments: