Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MY COMFORT ZONE: MY PRE- BIRTHDAY SYNDROME part 2

MY PRE- BIRTHDAY SYNDROME
part 2
MY COMFORT ZONE

I was trying to entertain myself this afternoon to help me forget the emptiness I feel inside. My feelings during this time of the month, where I will be celebrating my birthday. I really cant help myself but wonder why I always feel anxious about what will happen in my life after my birthday. I'm not really a fan of negativity because I hate when people around me feels negative. I am an optimistic person and I always try to see the good sides of life and I try to be more free spirited in my everyday life.

As I was browsing the internet for some poems and quotations which I always do when I feel down. I got across this "COMFORT ZONE" poem... I remember I keep a copy of this poem in my journal and I always read it when I want to make changes in my life for the better. It helps me boost my self- confidence and good judgment in my life. It makes me think 10x or more before making a decision in my life. After reading the poem again repeatedly, I pray and ask for guidance if I make a change, is this what I really want in my life..



THE COMFORT ZONE
-author unknown-


I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I couldn't fail,
The same four walls of busy work were really more like a jail

I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before,
But I stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor

I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much,
I said I didn't care for things like diamonds or furs and such

I claimed to be so busy with the things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own

I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win,
I held my breath and stepped outside to let the change begin

I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone good bye and closed and locked the door

If you are in a comfort zone afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt

A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true
Greet your future with a smile, success is there for you!


No comments: